Skip to main content

My iPad and iPhone auto upgraded to S1 Controller and went to play music and no speakers found. Tried to rejoin system and got repeated message system not found. Reset Play:1 device and tried to join to the system, no luck. On hard reset Play:1 went through setup for network, but then failed on making a system at the chime, even though it joined the network fine. All speakers still on the same network and data transmits are going back and forth. Just cant get any of them to join a new or existing system. I don’t want to go resetting my sound bar etc in case I cant get it back.

Any ideas appreciated.

Have you tried the “Find Missing Products” option in the app?

Cant get that far. Its asking to connect to an existing system or to set up a new system. Unfortunately during the troubleshooting I reset the app.

Wire one of your speakers to your router with an ethernet cable, wait a couple of minutes for them all to be found, then open up your controller again. 

I’d also suggest a reset of your local network afterwards. Unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in all Sonos devices. 

Do NOT do a factory reset. 

Thanks for the suggestion Airgetlam, but “On hard reset Play:1 went through setup for network” I already did factory reset on my Play:1 and there is no way to plug my other devices to router. 

Then I’d recommend that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.