Question

Slow queue adding

• 23 October 2015
  • 10 replies

Badge
Why must there be a 5 sec. delay when adding a song to the queue, before i can navigate in app again?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

There shouldn't be. Something is obviously wrong. Submit a diagnostic shortly after the problem occurs and then contact Sonos with the number of the diagnostic. You can either post it here, or contact them by e-mail.
Badge
But it is only my iOS devices, my Android and CR200 don't "lag".
I'm on The beta program, maybe my problems is connected With my iOS devices i not up to beta date.
Jever1970,

Likely, this is an issue with your iOS device. There are many beta programs. I'm not aware of any where this is a characteristic issue.

At the time you signed up for the beta, you were given instructions regarding how to file reports. The purpose of a beta is to expose issues such as this. You should report your finding to the beta team.
Badge
I think what OP is talking about is the confirmation box which pops up after you add a track to the queue which says 'One track added to the queue' and remains onscreen for a full 5 seconds, preventing you from doing anything else. Very annoying, as are many other such confirmations. ("Are you sure you want to clear the queue?", etc) How about an option to disable confirmations?
Userlevel 2
I have the same problem. User301948 is exactly right.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If it is just on ios and your running beta then it very well could be that the ios being on older version is causing it to lag. I would report it via the beta feedback to have Sonos look and see if it is a problem with the beta itself.
Just tried the latest Sonos 7.1 update to iOS app and there's still a 5 second delay every time a song is queued with the message "One song added to the queue" displayed and navigation locked. Is it really necessary to make the process so slow??
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would assume it is a network connection slowdown getting confirmation. I would submit a diagnostic
Thanks Chris - are you saying this doesn't normally happen on iOS? The message suggests the song has already been added to the queue... that and the fact it's always the same 5 seconds make it seem like it's an intentional behaviour. It would be fine if it used an iOS popover notification and allowed the user to continue searching for music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It normally pops up for like a second. I would say your network is responding slow.