Skip to main content
Question

Sleep timer in new app?

Is there still a sleep timer? If so, where?

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

64 replies

To add to this major oversight by Sonos ( yup, the new app is definitely a downgrade), Sonos is unable to even provide a timeline to get the app back up to its’ former functionality. Holding off on procuring any new Sonos products. 

Timeline: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Badge +1

In my app updates today. 

Sleep Timer!  Great!  But how to activate?

Badge +1

Tap on what’s playing and then tap the three dots. The sleep timer is there. 

Tap on what’s playing and then tap the three dots. The sleep timer is there. 

Yes, found it. But greyed out when playing from local music library. Sleep timer only works when streaming. 

Ditto. Why fix an app that worked perfectly well while removing one of its key functions? That’s the opposite of improvement folks. Isn’t a big part of the idea behind Sonos the degree of freedom it gives you? And now I have to go to my desktop to set a sleep timer? Pathetic. 

Glad to know I’m not going crazy and other people share my experience- sleep timer I used every night why remove it???? Sonos unf*Ck your app

Userlevel 3

thanks

Unreal. Useless update Sonos. This was one of our most used features. Don’t release an update without full functionality. Why has the customer base not had an apology.

Badge +1

thanks

Unreal. Useless update Sonos. This was one of our most used features. Don’t release an update without full functionality. Why has the customer base not had an apology.

It’s already fixed. Crisis averted. Move along. 

I'm on Android version 80.03.03 and I can't find it. I'm playing exclusively Spotify and not local library. When I'm on the now playing screen and I press the three dots in the bottom right I see these options and no sleep timer option.

Any (positive) advice appreciated.

Since you're on Android, install the old app.   The new one is rubbish.... 

This issue is not fixed!   Why in the world did the “Brain Trust” decide that sleep timers are not necessary for users is playing a Library playlist?   I did this all the time since I have an extensive library, and now I can’t.  And I know I’m not alone.   Bring back sleep timers back for the Library!

I've updated to 80.04.04 and there is still no sleep timer in Android for services. Can anyone confirm whether it works on Android?

Sleep timers for Library playlists are now back again in the latest iOS app updates.  Whew.