Skip to main content

Despite that fact that all my sonos components qualify for S2 status, only the S1 app downloaded. I can’t even see S2 when I search for it. How do I get the appropriate updates? I definitely only have sonos components that qualify.

The link below  has the steps...

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/sonos-s2-6842079?postid=16436317#post16436317

Never mind. Apparently there was a “ghost” dock listed somewhere in the cloud. I have not had it for years, and it was not listed as a component, but when I found and ran the S2 compatibility checker, it pointed it out. I’ve now successfully updated to S2. 

Having the same problem, I have all “modern” devices and they are online and on v11.2. My controller apps all updated to S1 with no S2 option. (Android, iOS and Windows)

I also have the problem where I have “modern” devices but no option to update.  I have never owned any of the previous models either!

I also have the problem where I have “modern” devices but no option to update.  I have never owned any of the previous models either!

Open the Sonos S1 app and go to Settings | System | System Tools and run a System compatibility check. That should walk you through the process.

My Beam and One setup (which updated ok to 11.2) refuse to update with the iOS S2 app (running on the latest iOS, phone or iPad)

I use the settings > system > system tools trip described above, and in the release notes, with the bounce to the App Store to download the S2 app, it launches, has me accept terms shown in a separate safari window, and offers me Setup a new system or Join existing.

i select Join existing, and then select Update. It asks me for the email/password login (showing the obfuscated email that is my Sonos account)

Then, it says Sonos systems found on the network and offers another identical Update button. I tap that and it then gives me a password login (email already known).

I humour that, entering my password again and I get the same Sonos found on this network Update button again. I tap that and again get the same password-only login screen. However many times I go through that interaction nothing else happens.

I’ll wait for the bug fixes.

My Beam and One setup (which updated ok to 11.2) refuse to update with the iOS S2 app (running on the latest iOS, phone or iPad)

I did a bit of digging, because I was unable to establish connections to Alexa today either (more on that, later).

Turns out, the connections out to Sonos upgrade servers were being made with “Don’t fragment” bits set. My firewall was dropping the “ICMP Unreachable - need to fragment” responses.

Allow ICMP type 3, sub-type 4 and it functions properly...