Skip to main content

so I’ve recently signed up on the family plan with Apple Music. When I go to use Sonos my music and playlists are visible, but when other family members try to play their music choices on the same device, its only my music and playlists that are shown!? I can’t see a way to change this in settings. Surely this can’t be right? If they link via Bluetooth it’s ok, just not via WiFi!?

Not that well versed with Apple, but I believe you’re going to need to add each family member’s account to the Sonos setup in order to see the different playlists.  Also, Sonos won’t knowing who’s currently playing music, so you’ll each see each other’s accounts.

By the way,  Only the Sonos Move is equipped with bluetooth.  You are probably connecting with Apple airplay when not operating though the Sonos app (or voice control).  That protocol also uses WiFi.

so I’ve recently signed up on the family plan with Apple Music. When I go to use Sonos my music and playlists are visible, but when other family members try to play their music choices on the same device, its only my music and playlists that are shown!? I can’t see a way to change this in settings. Surely this can’t be right? If they link via Bluetooth it’s ok, just not via WiFi!?

You can add multiple music service accounts to the Sonos app.  Then each user can switch to their account using the drop down arrow next to the account name at the top of the Now Playing screen.

As an alternative, you can stream from your Apple Music app using Airplay, if the speaker is Airplay capable.