Question

"Share This Track"

Hello... I used to be able to "Share This Track" from the Sonos App to Facebook via activities. I can no longer use this feature in the Sonos App. Is there a way to get it back?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Is it possible that this might've been a feature of the specific music service that you're using, and they removed the feature from Sonos? Where specifically did this option appear?

What music service are you using? Are you running the controller on an Android or iOS device?
Thank you both for the replies. Yes. The share this track feature is still there. However, and apologies for not being clearer, the option to share this track is no longer an option from my iPad, iPhone or MacBook Pro. I was wondering how to get this feature back into activities so I can share what I'm listening to on Facebook.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Paul,

i tried to replicate this and indeed Facebook doesn't show up under activities. As other apps show up i would conclude that this is dues to interface properties or signing on the Sonos app.
Ok. Thanks, Bernhardt.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Ok. Thanks, Bernhardt.
Its just a guess from my side. Maybe the @Sonos team can verify this, please?
Also @mikev. I checked the application for this -- it's spotify -- and they still have this feature.
Paul,

i tried to replicate this and indeed Facebook doesn't show up under activities. As other apps show up i would conclude that this is dues to interface properties or signing on the Sonos app.

Facebook has dropped from mine too
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Looks like we were able to narrow this down pretty succinctly. There has been a change in the way Facebook messages are posted through apps which caused the "Share This Track" to stop working for Facebook. They no longer accept text only messages from applications. The Sonos Controller would post what was playing, the name and a little basic information, but no picture. We're looking into this currently, but don't have a timeline for if or when we'll be able to change the post on our end to include a picture with the message. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
That's great news Ryan! Thanks for sharing . A nice cover image would be pretty cool 😉
Indeed great news! Yes. Image would be great also!
Userlevel 2
I get the option to "share the track" and then get presented with different media to share it with i.e. Facebook, twitter, email etc. but when I select Facebook it doesn't enter any text of the track I am listening to. If I select any other social media, it does enter the text of the track I am listening to.

This used to work. Anyone any ideas?
Any update on this feature working yet? 10 months ago Ryan S commented on this. It doesn't work for me, just generates a blank Facebook post. Surely a piece of album art, artist, track, album info and link to sonos website isn't too much to ask???
Same here- just generates a blank Facebook post "NowxSharing" when sharing from my iPhone 😞 sucks....
The sharing function has disappeared from my app on iPhone now. Any update, anyone?
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere and/or no longer relevant but the share function is still available on my iPhone - but you have to scroll down to the bottom of the list to be able to access it. If i share a track to Facebook direct from the Sonos app then all i get is the "nowplaying" blank post (previously mentioned). But my Spotify account is linked to my Sonos and Facebook accounts and if i share from Spotify, then Facebook posts are populated with the track name and album art.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Any update on this? The last helpful response from Sonos was a year ago.
I also just get an empty Facebook entry just with the #nowplaying hashtag. It works when I share with Mail or Messages.
Badge
I also just get an empty Facebook entry just with the #nowplaying hashtag. It works when I share with Mail or Messages.

Hi everyone,

I have a solution to this issue. I use HootSuite to aggregate and push my articles, ect to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, and Flipboard, among other sources.

If you use HootSuite when you share a song from Sonos, this is what you get on Facebook.

#NowPlaying “If I Had My Druthers” by Bobby Darin on @Sonos