Skip to main content
I have a Play:5 in the kitchen, a Play:1 in the office and the 5.1 setup in the living room (Playbar, Sub and Play:3 satellites). I like to start the day playing radio at a specific volume on all zones, and depending on what I did the day before, I need to manually group zones and adjust volume for all zones, which is quite cumbersome.

It would be great to save a preset that does this automatically and even starts playing the radio station I want, or playlist, or artist etc.

It could also just be a preset that just adjust volume for some/all zones without affecting currently playing music.

Or it could be stopping music on all zones that might not be grouped.

On Android there's a 3rd party app called Macronos that enables something similar to what I want, but we need to have it better and on all controllers.
Since Sonos does not imply these kind of user friendly options, use Macronos on your Android device and you are able to do al this kind of functions with one button.
But let's have it in the Sonos app too!
Sonos really needs to implement zone presets.

I.E. Saved zone configurations that remembers zone player groupings, and especially volume settings.

I need a "house party" zone, a "quietly coding in the office" zone, a "it's late and I'm podcasting; don't want to wake the upstairs" zone, and several others.

It really is too much of a hassle to reconfigure the zones every single time one of the household members changes things up to suit their environment. Give us profiles with profile defaults and give us saved zone configs.

We've waited long enough and it's time to move on this Sonos. Smart speaker of the future my ass. Can't even remember volume settings...