Skip to main content
Question

Setting up Sonos One SL on S1 App

• 5 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I have two Connects on the S1 App. I bought a One SL as I was told it could be run on the S1 App also. However, I couldn’t get past the “Press Play/Volume Up button” instruction on the Set Up - as it identified a Play One and not a One SL. I gave up and downloaded the S2 App just for the new One SL. So now I have the S1 App running the two old Connects and the S2 App just for the new One SL. How on earth can I get the One SL onto the S1 App ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @humanface.

Thanks for reaching out, let me see what I can do to help you.

While we don’t recommend downgrading your products to S1 after updating to S2, it is possible to downgrade by resetting the S2 products to their factory settings and adding them to an existing S1 system. An existing Sonos product running S1 software is required to downgrade an S2 product back to S1. Note that all settings and preferences will be lost when downgrading a product from S2 to S1 and you will need to remove the S2 app from your device before setting it up to S1.

In addition, when setting up a Sonos product you’d need to ensure that the app determines the right product in order to get the right button to press.

Let me know how that goes.