Skip to main content

Hi all - I just purchased a vacation home & want to:

Set up 3 new speakers at my new location

Use the same App & services already established in my primary residence, to control the new speakers.

WIFI network & name will be distinct

Do I set up the speakers as new, or connect to existing system?

I do not want separate accounts & I DO want to be able to access the services already set up for this.

Thanks for the help.

Since there’s no real “cloud” presence for Sonos, I’d suggest this, just for ease of time.

Add the speakers at your current home to your existing system. When you do so, they’ll copy over all of the data currently on each speaker having to do with your services, etc.

Then unplug them, and take them to the vacation home. In order for them to connect to the new router, you should  just connect one speaker to the router with an ethernet cable, and then change the network information in just those speakers. Once that’s done, you can remove the ethernet cable, and they’d connect to the different router’s SSID. 

Because you set them up on your original system, they’ll have all your associated streaming accounts already on them. 

OK, thanks for the reply.  The issue there is the second home is in Mexico & the speakers are down there already (purchased at Costco MX).  So the option of setting one up in the states, in my network, isn’t an option :)  But appreciate the suggestion.

Then take one of your current speakers from your home down to Mexico. Connect to that as an “existing system” after wiring it to the router with an ethernet cable. Then you can “add” all the other speakers, and they’ll copy the data from that first speaker, after which you can take that one back home with you. 

OK, cool.  Appreciate the tips!!

Wouldn't it be even easier to use the same SSID and password in both home and in Mexico if possible? This would save one set up step, and sometimes some confusion.

It would, certainly, but doesn’t achieve the expressed desire of copying over the previous setup of streaming services, etc, since that lives on the speakers, and not in some sort of ‘Sonos Cloud’.