Setting Up Multiple Accounts from Spotify Family Plan on Sonos

• 11 September 2023
  • 11 replies

I just upgraded to a Spotify Family Plan. 2 of those accounts are for kids. They each have an ipad with the sonos app installed that connects to a single Sonos network. In other words, the sonos app is installed on multiple home devices that access the same sonos account.

I want to set up each family’s spotify account on their respective Sonos app. But when I login with my Spotify credentials, it only connects to my account.

What am I missing? How do I set them up to access their spotify kids account on the sonos app?

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Read this article:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-multiple-accounts-for-the-same-music-service

that didn’t work unfortunately. 

I just upgraded to the family plan. 3 accounts are configured under it. When i go to sonos to add the service, i login using my spotify credentials. and it works but it authorizes my account and not the others. The other two are kid accounts. 

I’ve tried on my desktop and phone apps. I’ve deleted the service and added it again. Same result. I can’t tell what step I am missing.

that didn’t work unfortunately. 

I just upgraded to the family plan. 3 accounts are configured under it. When i go to sonos to add the service, i login using my spotify credentials. and it works but it authorizes my account and not the others. The other two are kid accounts. 

I’ve tried on my desktop and phone apps. I’ve deleted the service and added it again. Same result. I can’t tell what step I am missing.

You need to add each account separately.  Add yours, then kid 1, then kid 2.

@jgatie Right. But how do i do that? I believe the accounts are created. At least they are created on the Spotify side. Again, then don’t show up as options when I go to add a music service in the Sonos app.

See this link: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-multiple-accounts-for-the-same-music-service

@jgatie Right. But how do i do that? I believe the accounts are created. At least they are created on the Spotify side. Again, then don’t show up as options when I go to add a music service in the Sonos app.

As stated, you must add them one at a time to the Sonos app.  Go to Settings > Services > Add a service.  Choose Spotify, then follow the prompts and fill out the first account’s information.

Once it is added, do the exact same procedure for the other two accounts, except you will be filling in their information, not yours.  Then you can choose which account to use by tapping on the account name on the Now Playing screen.

I’ve done the above and only my account shows up and is authenticated. That’s why I am stuck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When you have added all of the Spotify accounts to Sonos you can choose which account the app connects to by choosing Spotify as a source and choosing the right user from the pull out menu top left on the Spotify page. The Sonos app will remember the account last used. You can do this for every phone.

When I’m connected to my Sonos network again, I’ll check if the other accounts are present.

@ls.js did you ever manage to solve the issue? I just signed up to a Spotify family plan and trying to add the kids account as well. As in your case, I cannot see the kids account as a separate account…

would be great to hear how you solved it! Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you've indeed succeeded in adding the kid's accounts, you choose Spotify as a source, go to the account visible. In the app you see the name of the account chosen twice: on the top of the page and a bit to the left. Tap the name of the account and you should be able to choose another.