Skip to main content

seperate sub audio for music/tv

I would like the sub level to be discrete for music/tv - as per the surrounds when grouped with an Arc. Being able to adjust the surrounds (in my case 2x play5 g2) is great, but the sub is stuck at a single level - I have to set to -4 at least on most good films/shows but then move back to 0 for music

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you use an iOS device, consider getting the Soro app. It works with Apple’s Shortcuts to allow you to create automations and shortcuts for your Sonos speakers including setting EQ and audio level presets. You can quickly trigger your audio presets with a single tap or by using Siri. I have three presets—one for movies, one for TV, and one for music—and they all work great. It’s so much easier than manually adjusting the EQ in the app every time. Read more here:

Yeah, I’d sooner not pay for an app that delivers something Sonos app should be easily capable of by default. TV/Movie are fine, just need that adjustment on the sub to split them - which the apP does for surround so not too far to expect on the sub

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @mikeparker, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community!

I’ll be happy to pass this on to our development team as a feature request :)