Skip to main content

Can anybody tell me how to find specific songs within Playlists?  I find that often songs are repeated in Playlists and I want to be able to find if a song is already in a Playlist. Thks

Hi @JdeW, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you referring to Sonos playlists? If so, then aside from manually checking the contents of that playlist, I don't believe it is currently possible to search within a Sonos playlist - however I'll be happy to put this forward as a feature request on your behalf :)

Yes, I am referring to Sonos Playlists.  I want to be able to search the playlists to see if a specific song is there.  I would not have thought it to be that difficult a feature to incorporate….   

No, Sonos do not provide any functionality to search Sonos Playlists.  It's been asked for many, many times over many, many years.

So what is the business rationale for not satisfying your customers’ demands then?!

You can export your Sonos playlists as text using my app (see profile), then search those using a text editor.

Thanks for the heads -up

What works for me: I use Windows media player. I can see all my Sonos devices there. I doubleclick on one of them and then select playlists. I select the playlist and I can then search for an artist to see if I have not already included the song in the playlist.