Skip to main content

Would you PLEASE add Scribd to Sonos Services?

I asked this 2 years ago and still nothing and I have not been the only one, I reached out to Scribd and they said it has to come from your end, not theirs.

I also requested the add to queue option for audiobooks like there is for music, would love to know where this is in development as well.

Note that Sonos can’t legally add streaming companies without cooperation of the streaming company. In fact, it has to be initiated by the other company, by them going to the Sonos partners page and reviewing the information there.

It sounds like the person you spoke to at Scribd was misinformed….there are legal ramifications to just grabbing any network stream you want and re-broadcasting it. 

As to your previous request, Sonos doesn’t publish information on a feature, if they are working on it, or when it will be released, for anything. The only time we find out is when it does get released, and my opinion is that Sonos isn’t very good about release management notifications anyway, since they rarely have any valuable data in what is in a particular release.

You won’t get any official statement from Sonos beyond the “we’ve passed the request on to the team”. Which doesn’t mean they’re working on it. It doesn’t mean they’re not working on it. It means only that the request has been passed on, and hopefully added to a backlog.

I’d assume that backlog is groomed by someone who’s interested in how each feature can sell more speakers, rather than ‘what would make people who already purchased speakers happy’, but that’s merely an assumption on my part, and if I were running that group, the way it would be. Not great for those of us who are already users, but understandable for a company trying to make money. And they make zero dollars from streaming any of the various services, their only revenue streams are Sonos Radio HD and selling speakers. 

Would like to know when Scribd will be available, since according to Scribd they have contacted Sonos.

As far as interest in potential sales vs keeping customers happy, having more audiobook platforms available would help with both. I know many mothers who have bought a Sonos speaker solely to play audiobooks for their children via Scribd, Hoopla or Overdrive and have come to realize they cannot and therefore won’t be buying any other speakers. This was my experience as well.

Perhaps you may want to revisit the last three paragraphs of my original answer. 

As much as you wrote, it was not very helpful and I would like to hear from Sonos, so I will contact them, thanks!

And Scribd, Hoopla or Overdrive do not Airplay to Sonos?