Skip to main content

I have a Samsung PN43F4500 tv. Recently we just got the Sonos playbar. Setup was simple as always. The only issue is the TV displays this (see attached pic) message and won’t go away for 8-10 seconds or by clicking ok. Is this a glitch? Any way around this? 

HI @Mbracken.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand this is an annoying situation where a pop-up screen on the TV would appear every time we’re using the remote to control Sonos. Allow me to help out.

I would like to share with you the guide about how to eliminate annoying TV messages when using a remote and since you have mentioned using a Samsung TV, let me share with you the procedure on how to take care of this situation.  This workaround should and guides should be able to help out.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Paul,

Thanks for the help and the link. Unfortunately, the link doesn’t include the remote I have. BN59-01177A. See attached pic. Any links for this remote?

I have A Samsung tv. This is the remote for it. BN59-01177A. See attached pic. Any links for this remote? The second pic shows the message my screen shows when the audio is set to external speakers.

Have you tried asking Samsung, since it’s their TV generating the on-screen message?