Skip to main content

This question has been around for several years and does not appear to have been resolved.

I discovered it last night with 3 of my albums named Maiden Voyage.  A search for the by album name brings up  one listing with all 3 albums’ tracks.  If I search by artist, yes then only one of the albums appears.

Sonos it is time to address this issue.

I just altered the album titles causing problems here by appending a bit of the artist to them. Fixed the Sonos issue and the artists that couldn’t think of anything better than “Best Of” as a title too.

Sonos can only deal with the metadata it is given. Nothing for Sonos to fix, IMO.  

Just edit the tags, as ​@Stanley_4 suggests. 

Stanley and John, thank you both.  But why must the user have to make changes, when other softwaree can interpret the metadata, Sonos should also.

Just had a further thought.  What do your files have in the  Artist field? And what about in Album Artist?

The artist fields and album fields are complete and accurate.  If I search by artist in Sonos app, the album appears correctly.  It is when I search by album that the files become merged.  This was discussed 7 years ago and again 11 months ago.  I am not the only one with this problem.

I asked about the field AlbumArtist, but no matter.

Sonos haven't done any development on the music library functionality in years, and I suspect that will remain the case, I am afraid. 

That is what I answered, Album Artist is complete in all my files.

Thanks for stating that Sonos has not worked on the music library function.

Seems that local music library is an prehistoric use case. Now everything about cloud is maintained...:disappointed_relieved: