Skip to main content
Answered

S2 requires wifi connection - how does this support Roam?

• 25 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I may be completely missing the point here...but when I take my Roam out and about the S2 app becomes unusable as a control for the speaker. As soon as I am beyond range of the home WiFi the app simply reports the error that there is no WiFi (correct) and effectively locks all functionality. How does this support the use case of taking Roam to the beach/ park etc?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sonos app is a controller for your Sonos products on your home Wi-Fi network. Once you are out of range of that network, the app can longer control those speakers. And when you physically take the Roam out of range of that network, it begins to function strictly as a Bluetooth speaker.

Thanks @GuitarSuperstar - understood...makes sense. I was hoping the app would continue to provide an interface for actions like changing the playlist but understand the limitation. Thanks for calling a halt on my wild goose chase for a solution 😁