Question

S2 app update and now can not get anything on Global Player

S2 app updated and now can not get anything on Global Player. I have tried removing the Global Player and reloading signed in to Global still no change. Removed the Sonos app and reloaded nothing. Tried restating the system, router , iphone still nothing. Please can you tell me how I can resolve this as the new app does seem to have limited tools in settings. The only thing that has changed is the update to the S2 app ever thing worked correctly before the change.

9 replies

Yes, it was working in the new App, but now it isn’t. I see a blank ‘container’ too when launching the service. I’m not sure if Sonos are aware, but perhaps the service is being worked on behind the scenes for better integration. Here’s hoping it gets fixed soon. 👍

Nothing is mentioned about it on the Sonos service’s status page, but that’s perhaps because of everything that’s ongoing at the moment. Things appear to be a little busy here in the community.

Thanks Ken at least I know someone else has the same problem. I will see if it changes in a few hours.

Good to know that it’s not just me. Hopefully just a short term issue.

Same problem here..just downloaded new app, Global Player app not working 🤷‍♂️

Glad to see it's not just me.  

Global Player doesn't appear in the list when you try and add a New Service (using the old Mac app).  Hopefully will magically reappear...

Just as I hit enter it started working...

Ah yes it’s back. Thanks for the ‘heads up’ @Tosh.SE1 🙏

Yep…it just started working..how odd!

Yes working now.