Skip to main content

Hi

I updated the software to s2 control and found I can’t give permission on iOS to my microphone to perform Trueplay. 
On my iPad permission was already given before update and everything works fine. 
App is only asking about Bluetooth. 
did you have same problem?

Each software update is “new” software to iOS, so you’d need to give permission each time. 

I’ve seen indications about the asking for Bluetooth issue was fixed with both S1 and S2, so I’m not sure what you’re seeing? Perhaps a screenshot is appropriate? I’ve updated two rooms with TruePlay since updating to S2, once with an iPhone X, another with an iPad Pro (i think...) and had no issues.  Are you sure the device you’re attempting to run TruePlay is on S2? Or isn’t one of the devices that Sonos hasn’t yet approved for TruePlay, such as an iPhone SE?

Like the original poster I am having the exact same problem.  When I try to tune with Trueplay, the Sonos S2 app instructs me to go into my iphone privacy settings and allow Sonos to use my microphone.  But Sonos is not listed under the microphone as an option. 

I also tried to remove and reinstall the S2 app, but it did not even ask for access to the microphone and I still have the same Trueplay problem. 

Any ideas?

Which iPhone are you using?

thanks for replying.  I have an Iphone XR with iOS 14

I also just upgraded to S2 a couple weeks ago and had no problems before that.  I’m also having a problem with Tidal taking 25 seconds of lag getting the sub and everything sounding right after I start a track.  I started a separate thread for that problem.

Well, damn 😉 I was expecting you to say an iPhone SE, which as yet doesn’t have TruePlay, but you’ve gone and shot down that idea. ;)

What is odd is that it worked before you upgraded the app, and now doesn’t, which leads me to the conclusion of some sort of failure in the software install. I think I’d recommend deleting the app completely from your iPhone, then forcing a hard reboot. They just released iOS 14.1, so it’s a good day for that. After the iPhone comes back up, go to the Apple store, and download/install a fresh copy of S2. Make sure when prompted, you select ‘connect to existing system’ or words to that affect. Don’t  ‘create a new system’. 

Give that a shot, and let’s see if it fixes it. FWIW, I’ve got an iPhone X, and using S2, and it’s working fine, so while my hardware is slightly older, I’m retry sure it’s not a endemic issue with S2. 

Thanks for your help.  I fixed it by completely clearing settings and content on my iphone and then restoring it from backup and then installing S2 again.  This time it asked me to let it use the mic during the install so trueplay worked.  And whoo boy does it sound better!