Skip to main content

Hi all , hope you're all well ! The S2 app notification  disappears occasionally from my phone , it can be there for an hour then it goes off and I have to go back on the app and it appears again , also in the app it said something like " can't connect let's fix this " speakers and beam were all ok I just forced stopped the app and all was good , just seems a bit buggy ? 

Sure sounds like your controller is having difficulty maintains a connect to the speakers, where all the notifications are generated from. You may want to review the wifi interference FAQ, or submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks , just seems weird that I force stopped the app then went back on it and it was fine , I've seen on Google play there are lots of people saying it disconnects , I'll do a diagnostic next time it does it 

Just done a WiFi interference test , looks fine 

Good measure of the interference between your device, and your router, but is less clear to my eyes about interference between your speakers, and your speakers and your router. Without me going through the entire FAQ for you, I’d be checking to be sure the router (or SonosNet, in which case your router should likely be on 12) was using channel 6, and not allowing it to ‘auto’ select the channel.

But I’m not particularly familiar with whatever app that is that you’ve posted a screenshot from, either, nor do I have access to any hard data that would be included in a diagnostic submitted to Sonos. 

There is also the potential of a duplicate IP address causing the ‘disconnect’ that seems to be happening. Id unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Once the router recovers, plug back in the Sonos devices, wait a minute for them to boot up, then test. If that solves the issue, I would recommend looking in to reserving IP addresses for all your networked devices in your router’s DHCP table, a process that would be explained in your router’s manual.

Thanks Bruce , the main thing it does is the notification disappears in the phones notification area when I drag it down  , I just click the app and it's back on .

That scanner picture is a bit horrid:

• Channel 4 is overlapping on 1 and 6.
  • Channel 11 is overlapping on 13.

Overlaps cause interference to both signals.

4, 6 and 11 look like they might be neighbours, since they’re below -75dB, but could still cause upsets. I would move the local channel -- which appears to be 13 -- to ch 11. 13 is far from optimal, despite what the scanner may say.

That scanner picture is a bit horrid:

• Channel 4 is overlapping on 1 and 6.
  • Channel 11 is overlapping on 13.

Overlaps cause interference to both signals.

4, 6 and 11 look like they might be neighbours, since they’re below -75dB, but could still cause upsets. I would move the local channel -- which appears to be 13 -- to ch 11. 13 is far from optimal, despite what the scanner may say.

Yes I'm on channel 13 , so you're saying for me to try 11 ? 

Yes, try 11. It will cooperatively share the channel with whoever else is using it.

Sharing is much better than partial overlaps.

Who is using channel 1 then? It looks to be nearby.

Thanks ratty ! I've been using channel 13 for a while with no issues but now I have the Sonos and with the notification ( volume control etc in notification area )  on my phone disappearing at random I've gone on to channel 11 , I've done some research online and you're right , cross interference is worse than same channel interference so since I changed to channel 11 since about 6pm till now 11.30pm it's not disappeared , fingers crossed that may have been the issue , here's how it looks now 

Quick update, been on to Sonos with a diagnostic number and they acknowledge a recent issue that the developers are looking in to ...... apparently 😜