Skip to main content

My S1 system will no longer connect to my Windows 10 laptop, but does continue to connect to my Windows 10 desktop and Samsung S8+ (Android) phone. Can you help me get the laptop reconnected?

Hi @vabeach1, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from, regarding your concern on connecting your Sonos products to your PC and phone controller. I want to ask some questions to assist you further.

• Are there any changes made on the Wifi name or wifi password?
  • Did you change your modem or router?
  • How many Sonos products do you have?
  • What error message are you getting once you try to open the S1 App?
  • Have you tried the Sonos S2 App since that is the new App for modern Sonos products? 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Simon, thank you for your response:

My equipment is mostly not S2 compatible (list below); however, until recently I was able to connect to my Sonos system using my HP Desktop computer (Windows 10), Samsung S8+ phone (Android), and HP Laptop Windows 10); however, while I’m still able to connect to Sonos with the desktop and phone (both use the S1 app), I can no longer connect using the HP laptop.

When I start the S1 Controller App on the laptop it opens with:

In the “More Options” section I try “Connect to Existing Sonos System” and get:

However, when I try to open the Sonos app again I get the same message as shown in the first screenshot (above).

Back to your questions:

• Are there any changes made on the Wifi name or wifi password?
    • No changes and the laptop is able to connect to the same wifi as the phone and desktop without any issues except that the laptop cannot access Sonos.
  • Did you change your modem or router?
    • No
  • How many Sonos products do you have?
    • (1) BRIDGE (Version 11.2.2
    • (3) PLAY 5 (Version 11.2.2)
    • (2) PLAY 3 (Version 11.2.2)
    • (2) PLAY 1 (Version 11.2.2)
    • (1) PLAYBAR (Version 11.2.2)
    • (1) SUB (Version 11.2.2)
  • What error message are you getting once you try to open the S1 App?
    • See my message above
  • Have you tried the Sonos S2 App since that is the new App for modern Sonos products? 
    • No, because the website states it only works with upgraded components. Also, the Sonos app on my Desktop and Phone both read SONOS S1 on the app logo and opening screen.

That’s about it. Do you have any suggestions? I tried all the stated remedies in the website troubleshooting guide, i.e. unplug and restart router, etc.

Thank you.

Hi @vabeach1, thanks for the update, I appreciate all the information that you provided and on taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue.  Regarding this issue. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request a screen share remote access feature on your controller devices to check some settings that could be causing this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.