Skip to main content

I have a vintage Bridge and a Play:5 (Gen 1), neither of which are S2 compatible.
My Play:5 (Gen 1) is trade-up eligible. Is the trade-up to a Play:5 (Gen 2)?
I can't trade-up my Bridge. And I don't see a "Gen 2 Bridge" in the S2 compatible products list. What would I purchase to replace my Bridge with?
Can I get a new bridge or equivalent (fresh purchase) and a new Play:5 (via 'trade-up') and still keep my old/original gear and set up two systems, one vintage and one new? Or am I required to send the Play:5 (Gen 1) back to you?

I have a vintage Bridge and a Play:5 (Gen 1), neither of which are S2 compatible.
My Play:5 (Gen 1) is trade-up eligible. Is the trade-up to a Play:5 (Gen 2)?
I can't trade-up my Bridge. And I don't see a "Gen 2 Bridge" in the S2 compatible products list. What would I purchase to replace my Bridge with?
Can I get a new bridge or equivalent (fresh purchase) and a new Play:5 (via 'trade-up') and still keep my old/original gear and set up two systems, one vintage and one new? Or am I required to send the Play:5 (Gen 1) back to you?

The trade up is not restricted, you can buy any Sonos product or set with the discount.  Doesn’t matter what you traded in.

The Boost is the replacement product for the Bridge.  Neither is necessary in a Sonos system, as your  speaker can connect through WiFi or wired to your router if you wish.  

No, you don’t have to do anything with your old gear.

Danny, thanks for your quick answer.

I’ll playback what I got from your reply:

1. I can buy a new Play:5 that is S2 compatible for 30% off the regular $499 price (via the trade-up offer).
  2. The new Play:5 can connect direct to my wifi router; no Boost needed.
  3. I can keep using my current S1 app and components in my home office; nothing to return.
  4. I can setup the new Play:5 in my family room direct to my wifi router as a separate system and operate via the S2 app when available.

Just trying to ensure my understanding is correct.

Thanks,

Mike

1. I can buy a new Play:5 that is S2 compatible for 30% off the regular $499 price (via the trade-up offer).

Yes.  You don’t have to buy a Play:5, you can buy anything you want, like a pair of Sonos Ones for example.

1. The new Play:5 can connect direct to my wifi router; no Boost needed.

Correct.  You can even set it up  completely wireless, where it just uses your home WiFi to connect.  That doesn’t always work as well though depending on your network traffic.

1. I can keep using my current S1 app and components in my home office; nothing to
  2. return.

Correct.

1. I can setup the new Play:5 in my family room direct to my wifi router as a separate system and operate via the S2 app when available.

Yes.  There are more details to come regarding S1/S2, but we have been told there will be two separate apps.

Thanks,

Mike

I traded my old Play 5 Gen 1 for a full 5.1 Beam system, that 30% was sweet on that big a purchase.

I prefer wired to WiFi as that doesn’t make me dial my WiFi settings back to meet the Sonos needs. As was said a Boost is optional and only needed if you want to go wired and can’t get an Ethernet to a non sub/surround Sonos.

2. The new Play:5 can connect direct to my wifi router; no Boost needed.
  3. I can keep using my current S1 app and components in my home office; nothing to return.
  4. I can setup the new Play:5 in my family room direct to my wifi router as a separate system and operate via the S2 app when available.

Thanks,

Mike

FYI - the Bridge is now eligible for trade up, the discount is just restricted to a Boost. I was able to use it today to get a Boost for $70, as the Bridge was the only product keeping me from upgrading to S2. 

Just to elaborate: there’s no Play 5 anymore, just the Five - which needs S2.