Skip to main content

I have a system that should be fully compliant with S1, nothing is older than May 2020. Yet when I start the S1 client it tries to force me to download S2. I do not want to change, I can't believe the issues I'm seeing and basically nothing could force me to do that until they are solved. Why am I being forced to change, when none of my devices are even from 2020? How can I keep using S1? 

I have two play:1 speakers and these have auto-upgraded to s2. The app on my iPhone is now trying to force me to take the the s2 app.  Also, afriend has given me his first gen bridge to use with them for analog input. How do I make this work?

First: upgrading to S2 is a choice. There is no auto-upgrade on Sonos.

Second: if your Play:1’s where upgraded to S2 you need the S2 app (Sonos Controller) - the S1 app (Sonos S1 Controller will not work.

Third: you must mean a Gen 1 Connect? There is no “first gen bridge” and the Bridge cannot be used for analogue input - it was used for setting up a Sonosnet.

If you want to use a Gen 1 Connect and want to use the Play:1’s on the same app you need to revert the Play:1’s to S1-which you can do using the Connect. Reset the Play:1’s, take them off the power. Set up a new Sonos with the S1 app and the Connect. If it has not been updated for a while let it update. Then ad the Play:1’s to the new S1 Sonos set up. Keep using the S1 app. Good luck!