Answered

S1 App Wont Allow Log In

• 19 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have an old speaker still with the S1 app and also newer speakers with the S2 app.

I can sign into the Sonos Account page and the S2 app with my email and password combination but the S1 app will not accept that same login.

Not sure why this would be if it works on the website and the S2 app.

Appreciate your help.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 October 2023, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GJM73 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Looking at your account, I see your S2 system, but I see no sign of your S1 system, so I have to assume that you are using a different email address for your S1 system.

If you’d like both your systems on the same email (which is not a problem), please open the S1 app and go to Settings > Account and tap Sign Out, then follow the steps below:

Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.

1. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  2. Tap Transfer System Ownership and follow the prompts.
    1. Sign-in to confirm system ownership
    2. Enter the email address of the new system owner
  3. Select Continue for Ready to transfer
  4. Enter the email address for the new system owner
  5. Enter the password for the new system account
  6. Confirm the first and last name of the system account owner

Note: If you subscribe to Sonos Radio HD, you will also need to transfer your subscription by cancelling your Sonos Radio HD subscription on your old account, then re-subscribing using your new(er) account.

If you have any voice services connected to your Sonos system, you’ll need to relink the service to Sonos after the transfer is complete. First, remove your voice services from all of your Sonos products. Once removed, go back to Settings > Services and tap Add a Service under Voice. Follow the directions in the app to add your voice service back to your system.

I hope this helps.

Wonderful - worked first time.

Thank you - the support for the Sonos product is what makes it a great product.