Question

S1 app won't work anymore

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

The specific IP is set on the client, but Sonos does not provide for this.  You have to use DHCP with Sonos devices.

When I open the S1 app, I get a black screen saying: " 

SONOS

THE OS ON THIS MOBILE DEVICE IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

USE THE SONOS APP ON A DEVICE WITH A NEWER OD TO CONTINUE RECEIVING UPDATES AND GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE ".

I'm running Android10.6.2; which Sonos says is adequate. The S1 app is there ( black logo not the later S2 brown logo, does anyone know how to get around this message coming up and use the app on my phone please?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling,  and resetting the hardware.

Sorry , I meant Android 6.2 on my phone. 

Me too

As of today I can't get the S1 Controlder app to work even though Android 6 should still work? All was working OK yesterday ? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Me too

Are there any solutions?? We have tried every single thing possible and have older SONOS equipment that worked great until a couple of weeks ago. 

Any solutions for those of us that have to use S1?

This is unbelievably shady….without a solution, we will be certain to share how poorly SONOS has treated long time customers

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are there any solutions?? We have tried every single thing possible and have older SONOS equipment that worked great until a couple of weeks ago. 

Any solutions for those of us that have to use S1?

This is unbelievably shady….without a solution, we will be certain to share how poorly SONOS has treated long time customers

Android 7.0 is the minimum requirement for the S1 controller.

Anrdoid 6.0 was released five years ago, you should ask your phone vendor why they never updated beyond that and why they treat their long time customers poorly.

Sonos treats long term customers pretty well IMHO - I have Sonos hardware that is over ten years old and still works great with the S1 controller. I don’t own any other advanced electronics that still works and is supported from that long ago.

Since S1 I cannot connect and play my Sonos 5 player.  All Sonos help suggest is unplug, restart, check cables but nothing changes.  Are Sonos so pompous that they expect all customers of previous products of theirs expect you to just trust them and pay to upgrade?

I have read of an independent software app Macronos has anyone used it?