Skip to main content

I am incredibly frustrated with SONOS.  I was at a friends house who had a new SONOS 2.  It made me download SONOS 2 to use system.  Now I am back in my house with SONOS 1 components and it does not recognize my system.  When you open Sonos 1 app, it shows my system for a split second, and then reverts to Sonos 2 screen saying it does not recognize network. 

This is such a ridiculous business strategy.  It seems like you created forced obsolescence of your older components that worked perfectly fine!

What a ridiculous conclusion. If you have the S2 app on your phone, delete it. In your S1 app settings under app preferences, tap reset app.

Then connect to existing system.

Glad you think it is ridiculous, but I had already tried your suggestion, as had the consultant who installed the system (who said this is a real problem that lots of people are having)!  

it now says S1 is not compatible with the system even though that is the system that it is….it suggests downloading S2, but that is also not compatible.  

and if you look at the message boards, others are experiencing similar problems.  If not obsolescence then bad tech roll out.  

It is still a completely illogical explanation of why this has happened.  I would agree, though, that the transition from S1 to S2 hasn't been Sonos' finest hour. 

What Sonos products do you have?