Question

Remove Sonos speakers from Spotify Connect

• 8 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Anyone know of a way to remove Sonos speakers from Spotify connect? I added them today and ever since there has been some funky stuff going on. I would like to undo that mistake but of course there seems to be no straight forward way to do it. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Anyone know of a way to remove Sonos speakers from Spotify connect? I added them today and ever since there has been some funky stuff going on. I would like to undo that mistake but of course there seems to be no straight forward way to do it. Thanks.
Hi, welcome to the community.

I'm afraid this isn't possible. That said, seeing the Sonos speaker within the Spotify app shouldn't cause any issues. Can you let me know what are the problems the system is experiencing? Also, can you send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic.
Hi, I am also having an issue with this. All of a sudden, anyone with a spotify app can connect to my sonos, and even more annoyingly, anyone who has connected to it whilst near my house can seemingly connect to it when they are back at their home miles away. This is odd and without any sort of password feature to access my sonos I'd like to remove it from spotify connect
@Sonos I used the connect option during the Beta but no longer want the Spotify connect option. Will factory resetting my Sonos units remove the players from connecting to my Spotify account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Hi, I am also having an issue with this. All of a sudden, anyone with a spotify app can connect to my sonos, and even more annoyingly, anyone who has connected to it whilst near my house can seemingly connect to it when they are back at their home miles away. This is odd and without any sort of password feature to access my sonos I'd like to remove it from spotify connect
I have read on reddit, as soon as your friends connect to another network, it will clear you sonos speakers out of their phones. Up until then they can wake you up in the middle of the night, from anywhere in the world, then play motor head at max volume!! :@
Flaw which spotify are working on apparently...
Badge
I posted this on another Sonos Forum page, looking for similar answers.

I came across this on another forum. I don't use Spotify myself but both my daughters do and as I am still learning how to get the best out of Sonos for me, it is of some concern. It would be great to see comments on this and what I can do to prevent this happening (if true.)
Odd question perhaps but is Spotify Connect different to Spotify which would mean the Spotify app on my daughter's phone is different?
Many thanks

"I was not looking forward to this update. Just a heads up to everyone, if you allow your friends access to your Sonos system through Spotify Connect, they will now be able to play music through your system even when they aren't on the same network. They can even be halfway across the world and can still play music and adjust the volume.
To make matters worse, your Sonos speakers will stay in your friends' Spotify app and there is no way for them to remove it even if they wanted to.
There are so many complaints on the Spotify forums going back years but they refuse to do anything about it. Your friends should only have access when they are on your network but that isn't how it is. I'm not 100% sure but I think Spotify Connect registers the MAC address of your speakers leading to access of them from anywhere."
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ever since I setup Spotify connect I have experienced music being played on my speakers that was never added to the queue. When I called Sonos about removing the speakers entirely they said their engineers had not even considered people might want to remove their speakers. I have serious doubts that their will be any fix in the near future. From what I have read the only way to get devices removed is to create a new Spotify account. Sad.
Badge
Sad indeed. There must be loads of people who would wish to remove Spotify from their Sonos,
I have come late to the Sonos party having looked at the opposition and this has the potential to be a frustrating problem. I don't use (or want to use Spotify) and yet if a family member uses it then it is pushed onto my system never to be taken off.
If I create a Sonosnet on my network and (not that I know how to) then create a guest network would this keep my Sonos private, would the Sonosnet only be visible on the primary network, perhaps someone can explain how this would work, if indeed it will? How would my printer be accessible on the guest network?