Remove Sonos Radio

• 8 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

There seems to be no possibility to remove the Sonos Radio music service. To my knowledge, this is the only music service that cannot be removed (or disabled, both would do well)

I want to remove the Sonos Radio service, because it gets in the way when searching for a radio station. I do not want to use Sonos Radio, because Sonos Radio does not meet my requirements of an internet radio player, which is: play radio station from my region. 

When using Sonos Radio to stream the VRT radio streams (Flemish broadcasting in Belgium), the stream does only start after 15 seconds. And half of the time, it is the wrong stream (playing “de tijdloze” instead of “VRT Radio 1 Classics”. 

This i s a known problem to Sonos, according to the VRT website: https://www.vrt.be/nl/aanbod/kijk-en-luister/radio-luisteren/streamingslinks-radio/ (Dutch). But Sonos fails to update their services. 

As suggested by that website, I’m now using Radioplayer, which starts the stream in 2 seconds and it plays the correct stream  

Hence, allow me to remove or disable the flawed Sonos Radio music service. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @HansDP

There isn’t a way to remove Sonos Radio from your Sonos system, however I will pass this along to our teams as a feature request.

If you are on the S2 software and you are using New Search, then the services you use frequently will be listed higher up. If you don’t use Sonos Radio, it wont show at the top and results returned via New Search will be from the services you use, Radioplayer in this case.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, I already tried that and it isn’t a solution: the Radioplayer music service is not compatible with the New Search.  

Using the “old search” works, but then the Sonos Radio results get in the way

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The Desktop controllers have the advantage of old-classic-search, which means you can directly specify which services to search, as does my Windows/Xbox app. I still prefer it that way. This will let you never see Sonos Radio in search results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @HansDP,

I checked with our team after your message as Radioplayer isn’t on the list of unsupported services with New Search. My colleagues and I also received the same message you are and this is now classified as a service outage. It’s been reported and is live on our status page, so keep an eye on that and test again with new search after it has been resolved. 

Another option I would suggest is favouriting the radio stations you use most often. That way you can find them on the My Sonos page without having to search.