Skip to main content
I'm away from home for the holidays and just realized that I have an automated Sonos alarm setup. I was hoping I could remotely disable this (just like every other "smart" device on earth), but found another post here claiming that the only way to deal with this is to have a "friend or family member get as close to my home as possible to login to my wifi, use my credentials, and alter the alarm settings."

This can't seriously be true, can it? I can't simply turn off my alarm using my phone whenever I travel (which would effectively mean that this feature is entirely useless for anyone who ever travels)? Is my Sonos system going to uncontrollably blare loud music disturbing my neighbors for the next 10 days???
If Sonos did have this feature (which it does not) it would have required you to do some remote configuration BEFORE leaving home, to mitigate the potential privacy and security nightmares. Glad you are not my neighbor, but they must be used to your loud alarms by now anyway.
"If Sonos did have this feature (which it does not)" -- which feature are you referring to here: the ability to create alarms, or the ability to remotely disable them? To be sure, Sonos very much does have a feature allowing you to program alarms...

Otherwise, your comment was totally unhelpful and seems to only serve the purpose of being rather rude. Thanks buddy.
Huh? Sonos offers no remote access to any settings or configuration. That is what i was referring to.
I def want a remote control over 4G. I set 'alarms' for security eg Spoken word podcasts for 3 hours downstairs then an hour upstairs when I'm away from my home. Along with other security measures this helps my house look & sound busy to hopefully put off breakins. If I accidently set it too loud for example & my neighbor's complained, being able to access it would be brilliant. I'd also love to set music playing for when I arrive home