Answered

Radio Station Progamming

• 9 February 2022
  • 2 replies

My local university radio station is cjsw.com. I can use my Sonos app to listen to the station with no issue. On the web site they have all the programming available to listen to after the fact. I can go back a month or two and listen to a show I may have missed. I can find no way on the Sonos app to open and play previous programming. Does anyone know if this is possible? If not possible it would be great if Sonos added this as a feature. And if it was dependent on the Radio Station allowing it I’m sure CJSW would be more than happy to oblige if a donation was made.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 9 February 2022, 14:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If you are use an iphone or ipad, I would use airplay to play the content on Sonos.  You could also use a Roam and share a bluetooth connection between phone and Sonos speakers.

As far as Sonos speakers being able to play Uni radio content directly, I assume you are using this method.  I am not really that familiar with this so can’t tell you if it would work for a preset recording as well as radio.

As far as Sonos adding the feature, Sonos has an open API that any music service can use to allow Sonos speakers to play their content.  The service provider is responsible for coding the service through the API, not Sonos. Playing saved content through the API certainly is possibly, as I’ve used it with sirius/xm.  I can’t imagine Sonos would put up the money needed for your radio station to do the work, particularly since Sonos is running their own radio station these days.

I might talk to the university station about it.  Perhaps it would be a good student project?  Don’t know.

Also, just looked at this page, and it might be worth seeing if you can access through Apple music (not sure if you can access podcasts there, don’t use Apple) or through Spotify.

Thanks for the reply. I did try some of the suggestions but no luck. I’ll try reach out to the Radio Station but not holding out hope. This can’t be the only radio station that does this so hoping SONOS may come up with a solution at some point.