Skip to main content

For years i have enjoyed access to radio all over the world and yet recently I am advised that my access is restricted and I now need to log onto Radio Denon.com to access the radio stations. On so doing, I am requested to pay a fee. Anybody know why this is the case?

First question, what has this got to do with Sonos?

Thanks John, all of the systems in my house are run off my Sonos system plus I have a Sonos account. 

Thanks John, all of the systems in my house are run off my Sonos system plus I have a Sonos account. 

What does that have to do with “Radio Denon”?

What is Radio Denon and why have they ‘invaded’ my Sonos system where they have restricted my access to radio stations around the world?

This is odd.  I suggest you call Sonos.

What is Radio Denon and why have they ‘invaded’ my Sonos system where they have restricted my access to radio stations around the world?

Nobody knows what “Radio Denon” is.  Denon is another company altogether and has nothing to do with Sonos.  Could you possibly mean “Sonos Radio”?  Or are you on the wrong website and meant to go here:

https://www.denon.com/

Thanks but no is the short answer. It seems my issue is more complex than first realised as this thread, from another community, seems to suggest albeit they seem to be radio denon exclusive.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/denon-dnp720ae-internet-radio-unavailable.2270565/

Thanks but no is the short answer. It seems my issue is more complex than first realised as this thread, from another community, seems to suggest albeit they seem to be radio denon exclusive.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/denon-dnp720ae-internet-radio-unavailable.2270565/

Again, what in the wide, wide world of sports does that have to do with SONOS?????  You are on a SONOS website, which has nothing to do with Denon. 

Easy tiger! As previously mentioned, I have a Sonos account/app/speakers/etc and was seeking help from those on a Sonos site and while John B and bockersjv have been most rational, I find your input a little less so. Assistance, on my part is being sought in a number of places as yielded by me searching the internet. By all means, help if you wish to do so but I can do without the unhelpful nature of your posts. Thank you.

@Gearoid I recommend that you ignore the advice you received, whatever the source is, and listen to radio stations through Sonos radio or tune in.

My guess would be that there is a troll or phishing attempt going on here.

Thank you Danny, that’s very kind. With respect, where on my system can I find radio Sonos (I have found TuneIn) on my system?

‘Denon radio’, if it exists, is really nothing to do with Sonos.  None of us has heard of it, and there would be other posts on here about it if others were having the same experience.  It has no bearing on your use of Sonos and I think you should follow Danny’s advice and forget / ignore it.

If you have upgraded your system to 11.1, it should be easily seen under the Browse menu.  You may need to add the service specifically, through Settings→ Services & Voice → + Add a Service.

Thank you Danny, that’s very kind. With respect, where on my system can I find radio Sonos (I have found TuneIn) on my system?

You need to update to 11.1 on your app AND system, then it is under ‘Browse’

You can read about it in a thread currently next to yours on this forum.

Brilliant John thank you and thanks for your kind assistance.