Skip to main content

Does Sonos play 24 bit 48khz on Qobuz with my Sonos five.

Hi @michaelknowles.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you out.

On Sonos, you can stream 320 kbps MP3 streams through the Qobuz Premium Subscription and experience the world’s first FLAC streaming service on Sonos (16 bit /44.1 kHz FLAC) using the Qobuz Hi-Fi Subscription. Sonos will automatically detect what Qobuz subscription you have signed up for when you add the service. 

For more information, please see this article about Qobuz and Sonos.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Hi @michaelknowles.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you out.

On Sonos, you can stream 320 kbps MP3 streams through the Qobuz Premium Subscription and experience the world’s first FLAC streaming service on Sonos (16 bit /44.1 kHz FLAC) using the Qobuz Hi-Fi Subscription. Sonos will automatically detect what Qobuz subscription you have signed up for when you add the service. 

For more information, please see this article about Qobuz and Sonos.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Annazel, I believe your feedback was partly incorrect. As I understand it, Qobuz ditched MP3 streams almost a year ago. And Qobuz no longer offers either a “Premium” or “Hi-Fi” subscription. Rather, there is now a Studio Premier subscription, which streams FLAC, and a Sublime subscription, which streams high-res.  

At least, that is what I see on the Qobuz website.

Please note that the Qobuz and Sonos page you linked to is also out of date on this same detail. (Further, the hyperlink on that Sonos page directs traffic to a blank page on the Qobuz website.) 

Hi @ScottLand.

Thanks for your help and for pointing that out.

I appreciate your help providing these details that @michaelknowles  and the community members can refer to.

We have passed these on internally to have them modified and updated.

Let us know if you have questions or concerns, we are always here to help.