Skip to main content

I replaced my Bridge with Boost and updated to S2. I have installed the system and yesterday it worked with my iPhone 6 and iPad 4. My iPhone 12 cannot find the system in the Sonos app. There is no problem to play with Spotify. Today also the iPad has lost connection with Sonos. I have allowed integrity/local network.

Hi @Mikael33.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Are you using S1 app or S2 application?

Issues with set-up on iOS 14.2 of S2-enabled products on a S1 system

Monitoring - If you are attempting to set up an S2-enabled product on an S1 system, you will not be able to complete the process using a device running iOS 14.2. We strongly recommend setting your product and system up on the S2 app, which is our platform for the future. If you need to set up your product on an S1 system, you can use a device running an earlier version of iOS or an Android device.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

It said that my system was compatible with S2 so I updated to the S2 app, and bought a Boost to replace my Bridge. I had to use my iPhone 6 to set up the system. Once set up it worked also on my iPad, but not on my iPhone 12 - both iOS 14.2. After update to Sonos 12.2.2 the Sonos app my iPad stopped working (cannot find my Sonos system), but my iPhone 12 now has found the Sonos system. I have tried reinstalling the app, restarting the phone etc. I do not want to reboot the Sonos system, since it works playing music on Spotify.

I am now having this issue as well.  Because I have mixed products in my home, I am using the S1 app (I have the Play 5, a beam, Play 1s, Playbar, and Sonos Ones).  On *my* iPhone 12, I have no issues.  I am connected in the application and I am connected on my other streaming devices -- but my dad’s iPhone 12 will not connect in the Sonos app at all.  I have tried every trouble shooting option. What can I do? 

Make sure your dad’s phone is on the same wifi network as you, and that the phone is updated to latest iOS.

Then ensure the S1 app on his phone has been allowed to access the local network (go to the Iphone’s Settings->Privacy->Local network).

I am having the same issue my iPhone 12 says cannot locate my sonos system I only have us s1 compatible Products but I have four of them. My daughters iPad works fine. I tried deleting the app and re-installing but that only made it worse. I went to privacy and made sure that The local network was turned on.. I am assuming this has something to do with an iPhone update and the S1 controller- Hoping it gets fixed

So I’ve an iPhone 12 fully updated with the latest iOS. I am operating my system on S2 app. My iPad Pro has no issues in acknowledging and connecting to the system. My iPhone only sees one if my speakers. Try as I might to add the other speakers to the system via iPhone 12, they are still operable on my phone. What’s the fix??

Any chance you’re running a BT router? Have you clicked on the huge black box (on the right of my screen, may be somewhere else on yours depending on what device you’re using) that says BT SmartHub 2 - Connection Issues (April 2021)?

I have the BT Hub 2 issue which is just frustrating as I can’t use my iPhone 11 Pro with the Sonos app, it can’t see any of my Sonos network yet my iPad Air 2 which is a few year old as well as my MacBook find all the speakers fine.

Likely that your MacBook is connected to the 2.4Ghz channel, and your iPhone 11 Pro is connected to the 5Ghz channel. Which is why that rather long thread repeatedly suggests turning off, at least until BT fixes their firmware, the 5Ghz channel, so that everything connects on the 2.4Ghz, and everything will be seen.

Super frustrating, I’m having the same problem. Trying to run both S1 and S2 networks at the same time, but would settle at this point for a single S2 network that worked (with only S2 compatible devices). Right this moment all S1 components are unplugged, S2 network is working fine except it can’t be recognized by my wife’s iPhone 12 for some reason. Have tried reinstalling, restarting etc. Just now tried pausing the 5GHZ network per this thread’s suggestion, same problem. All the more frustrating (and odd) is that upon reinstall of the app, the phone seems to think it has found the system, but then it kicks you right back to the “can’t find system” screen. 

Ensure app permissions have been granted on your wife’s IPhone and try turning off “private address

I’d also recommend until you can get one system working, you unplug all devices on the second system, just to reduce the potential variables. 

Which you do say you’ve done. That was for others who may come upon the thread. 

It might be helpful to have a better understanding of the way you’ve set it up, as well. What kind of router do you have? Is the system wired ( one device wired to the router ) or unwired ( all connecting to your WiFi)? 

@ClausN I’m not finding anything about how to toggle NFC and I’m not sure how to turn off private address. 

@Airgetlam I’m running on top of an Eero wifi system with 3 pucks (the router is Google Fiber), and 4 of my devices are hardwired -- 3 of them directly to an Eero puck, and the 4th is daisy-chained from a neighboring Sonos device. 2 others are operating off of wifi for a total of 6 S2 devices. To make things worse, my 3 remaining S1 pieces are not working properly whenever I bring them online. I may have to create a separate wifi network for them -- haven’t gone too far down that road yet because I’m focused on getting S2 to work right first. 

Several things there to comment on.

First, is the Eero set up as a bridge device, rather than its own router? You could be dealing with a double NAT situation, where both the Google fiber device and the Eero system are trying to give out IP addresses. 

Second, the Sonos device which is wired should only be connected to the root Eero ‘puck’, and no Sonos devices should be wired to the extension pucks. I suspect right now  each device is connected to a different subnet, if I recall how Eero deals with creating a mesh, which means they wouldn’t be able to see each other, or the controller. 

You’re absolutely correct to deal with one ‘system’ at a time, reducing all potential variables is always a huge help, making it easier to track and correct one issue at a time.

I’d recommend that you first set up the Eero as a bridge device, and let the Google Fiber router handle the IP assignments. Then, remove all Ethernet cables to the S2 Sonos speakers except one. That Ethernet cable would need to go to the ‘root’ Eero puck. Wait a couple of minutes, then fire up your S2 controller, and see if you can then see all S2 speakers. Which you should. 

Once you’re seeing all S2 devices, feel free to unplug them all from power, they’ll come back later when you plug them back in. At this point, connect a single S1 device to that base/root Eero puck, again using another Ethernet cable.  Plug all the S1 Sonos devices in to power, and wait another minute or two. Fire up the S1 controller, and double check that you can see all S1 devices in the controller. 

At this point, you should be able to plug back in the S2 devices, and all speakers should show up, in their respective controllers.