Skip to main content

I’m being told that I need to upgrade my app to Sonos 2 but can’t get past the Terms of Use page?

Hi andreafrost67.
Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

It seems that the update is not going through, common solutions are as follows:
>Retry the update
>Reboot the controller
>Reduce the distance to the router

You can also visit this page Sonos S2 Overview for links and additional information.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

I have the same problem. I have tried everything already, redownload it, hard reset the app and still does not work. I have multibule Sonos system and can't control any of them. 

When I upgraded from to S2 the Terms of Use opened in the browser. I could then go back to the app and continue the upgrade

This is Android, right? Sonos doesn’t like larger-than-usual fonts on Android and often causes buttons to fall off the screen. (They haven’t heard of scrolling apparently). Reduce your system font size and see if buttons show up.

@controlav Yes this is on Android devices. The weird thing is that other family members that use a Samsung Galaxy A8 it works. Iam using a Oneplus 5t (Android 10) and it does not work. I made a little video so you can see it. Dont Dind the quality (youtube thing i geuss) https://youtu.be/DhDgpgDmmDA

Huh, looks unfortunate. I can’t remember how I did this on my iPhone.

I have the same problem. I have tried everything already, redownload it, hard reset the app and still does not work. I have multiple Sonos systems and can't control any of them. 

Hi @christiaan99jl.
Thanks for reaching out.

On Android controllers, this can cause an app crash if the user has Chrome disabled or is running a 3rd party default web browser.

To identify if you are experiencing that symptom, try the following:
>Navigate to app settings for Chrome
>Disable the Chrome app
>Uninstall or reset Sonos app
>Launch Sonos app and progress through the first-run carousel
>Select "view terms of use" button
>Please note if Sonos app will crash or close
>If the app will crash or close, try to re-enable Chrome as the default web browse temporarily.
>Then, go through the S2 update again and accept the "Terms of Use"

If the issue persists, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, reply with the confirmation number, it will help us identify what is causing this issue.

Alternatively, you may wish to contact us via another support channel.
I suggest the phone folks, they have more options and resources available, here are the details:
Contact Number: 1-800-680-2345
The hours of operations are Mon-Fri 10 am-9 pm Eastern time.

Let us know how it goes, we are always here to help.