Skip to main content

Please allow Pocketcasts users to play podcasts at variable speed via Sonos.

Hi @kwtrrs, thank you for reaching to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and for submitting a diagnostic report.

Pocket Casts is one of the available music services that you can add to the Sonos app to stream music.

The Sonos app is a remote tool to control Sonos device and teach Sonos what music to play and what service to connect from. Can you tell us more information about your concern for us to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution? Also, please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check and include the confirmation number of the diagnostic report in your response for us to check. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

More specifically, I believe that would require a change in the Sonos API, which would need to be requested of Sonos engineering, as I don’t believe it is currently supported. Once Sonos does that, the various streamers would need to update their implementation of the Sonos API on their servers.

Read that as a most unfortunate ‘don’t hold your breath’. 

let me listen to my podcast at 2x speed!

More specifically, I believe that would require a change in the Sonos API, which would need to be requested of Sonos engineering, as I don’t believe it is currently supported. Once Sonos does that, the various streamers would need to update their implementation of the Sonos API on their servers.

Read that as a most unfortunate ‘don’t hold your breath’. 

Exactly. Today’s SMAPI specification has no provision for variable speed playback.