please add date sort to Spotify lists

• 7 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Having lists with hundreds of songs and not be able to sort them by “date added” is very frustrating. Please add this feature!! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Any features like this in the Sonos app would be the responsibility of the music service, namely Spotify.  Sonos presents any sort results as is from the provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos don’t have any idea as to the “date added”, only the provider (eg Spotify) knows that. If you want to sort by that field, ask Spotify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Aren’t the songs in Spotify playlists always represented in “date added” form - first added on top?

Usually. Although my experience is that Spotify playlists in Sonos show as Custom Order, not necessarily date order. And that can’t, I believe, be changed through the Sonos app. Even if you set a playlist in Spotify by date order, and then save it as another new playlist, it will turn up in Sonos in the original Custom Order.

So I don’t think it’s doable currently. Whose responsibility that is I’m not sure.