Skip to main content

Bit confused reading several threads on subject. 

I have a few empty playlist under "on this mobile device" 

I can't remember how I made them I'm afraid, but just cannot seem to delete them, also they are empty. 

Its possible I imported them. 

Also the "genre" search on "this mobile device" show many genres, but again are all empty.... Album/artist ect shows all as normal.

I can't find the names of the empty playlists anywhere on my phone or on my pc.

I believe i have an identical copy of songs on both my pc and mobile phone.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to delete the empty playlists permanently, and restore if possible the genre folder to show my music. 

Hi @freddy 224, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern as well as the steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct about your concern.

The playlist "on this device'" is for the music stored on your Android phone that you can directly play to your Sonos speakers. You can clear the music queue on your Android device by checking this article “Edit the queue”.

The playlist on your computer is called the music library, where you can add in the Sonos app and will sync to your mobile phone to play music on both devices. You can update your music library, remove and re-add them back to refresh the list of your playlist.

I'd be glad if you can give me more information about your concern for us to help you with this. Also, kindly submit a diagnostic report to see the functionality of your system.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We'll wait for your reply.

Diagnostic......727626675

So,all is good when using my sonos music, genres are full, albums, artists ect

And playlists are fine too. 

The problem is when I use the "on this mobile device" 

There are genre categories, but all are empty. 

Also playlists (different to my sonos music) show up, but there's nothing on them. 

So ideally I'm looking for a way to  populate the genre section and remove the playlists permanently please 

Hi @freddy 224, thank you for your response and for sharing the diagnostic reports with us. Let help you with this.

Upon checking on the report, I don’t see any issue in your Sonos system. What we have identified is that Sonos unable to play music from Android devices is due to how the Operating system works. Playlists from the native music application on the Android device won't necessarily be available via "on this device" though Sonos.

We are always working to improve the functionality. We don’t have exact timing to share at this point and will update this thread when we do.

In the meantime, you can use a third-party music app to manage your stored music. 

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.