Skip to main content

I see that SONOS doesn't support DAR.fm as a music service anymore. What can I use as an alternative to play back recorded radio shows through SONOS please? Thanks.

Hi @RichardRoberts.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I don't think as of this moment theirs a playback recorded radio stations that Sonos is currently supporting.

You can probably try this option Internet radio station to Sonos using your computer.

I'm not quite sure this will work since I don't have any account in DAR.fm.

Some of the community members might provide their own opinion about this topic.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks for the reply Mark.

I had a scan through the other available music services but I couldn’t see anything obvious that would do what DAR.fm does to allow recording and playback from an archive of those recorded shows at will. I can see that TuneIn has the radio station (BBC 6 Music) and show (Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show) that I’ve been recording with DAR.fm, but it only has the last show available on playback. Using DAR.fm, I had years worth of them recorded that I could listen to at will. 

Hi @RichardRoberts.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I'll submit a feature request to add  DAR.fm to our development team. We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

Thanks Mark. DAR.fm was there as an existing music service until 16th September. I’d used it through my SONOS system for years. I saw an announcement that it was not available after 16th Sept, but there wasn’t any rationale as to why. If the Dev team could re-add it as a service, you’d have at least one happy(er) user! Thanks for your help. 

Hi @RichardRoberts.

Thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Surely, our request will be review by the Sonos engineer.

This will be a business to business talk between Sonos and DAR.fm.

I also miss Dar.FM, and didn’t even see an announcement that Dar.FM support was being ended.  

Please add me as a vote to restore Dar.FM support to Sonos.I am not sure I would have bought my most recent Sonos equipment had I known Dar.DM was being deep-sixed.

As an alternative, Sonos could add support for playing custom Podcast URLs, although that would be a less desirable solution.  (Dar.FM recordings can be played in any Podcast player.)

Hi @nodis.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

We will update you on any changes. 

You can check status.sonos.com for any music services that are available in Sonos.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.