Answered

Peter Gabriel i/o (in-Side Mix) Atmos on Arc

• 8 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve bought the CD and as I always do ripped it onto my NAS for Sonos playback so I have the Dark and Bright side stereo mixes but thought it would be good to try in Atmos on the Arc.

I have an Xbox One and when I put the CD in it prompted me to download Windows media player. Although I’d previously changed the audio HDMI setting to Atmos when I started playing I noted it had gone back to Dolby 5.1 so I changed it back to Atmos and it seemed sticky after that. Although the Sonos app is saying Atmos I am not hearing any audio through the rear surrounds (Play 1s) which I would expect to be involved.

Has anybody managed to listen to this in “proper” Atmos with the Arc and Xbox One?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 December 2023, 14:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

FWIW - I’ve been playing the PG Dark & Bright-Side mixes too, but via Amazon Music, which does stream audio in Atmos/UltraHD etc. but note the tracks seem to be a mix of different formats, I get a mix of UltraHD and Atmos badges show in the Sonos App, but I can say that the one track that always shows up as Dolby Atmos for me is This is Home (Dark-Side Mix). Most of the others though show here as stereo UltraHD when playing on the Arc.

I’m not sure though of the XBox/WMP capabilities for CD music playback

Great music by the way … love it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thanks Ken. That maybe an option. I don’t do paid music subscriptions hence the CD and ripping but Amazon do keep trying to get me to sign up for Amazon Unlimited and offering me a free 30-day trial. Perhaps I’ll sign up just to listen to this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

So I ‘ve signed up and very much enjoying that Peter Gabriel album

Yep, I’m listening to it too, as we speak… er… type.

I’m using an Era 300 stereo pair w/Sub… it’s just my type of music. Love PG’s sound and his lyrics. The more I listen, the better it gets too.

Like you, I don’t do paid music subscriptions Stuart, but if it works for you, maybe I will try the same thing (one month trial). Thanks.