PC cant see my SONOS Boost

• 29 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Can anyone please help - my SONOS system has been working fine for several years, but tonight I couldn't connect to my SONOS system from my PC. It just comes up "No existing SONOS system could be found"
The boost is hard wired into my router, but it doesn't register as a device on my PC, however the PC can see all the wireless speakers. I've reloaded the software, re-powered everything etc etc... any sugestions as to what to do next?
However I can connect to my SONOS system from the App on my android phone and can stream music from the net and play music files from my music library on my PC, but not from the SONOS desktop app on the PC

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I've got exactly the same problem.....anyone out there with a solution?
The issue was the new version of AVG firewall, it was preventing the PC from seeing the Boost.
The fix is...Open AVG Internet Security interface->MENU->Settings->components->firewall->network profiles->change connection to private.
I use MSwindows10 wired to router and android device shows WiFi signal strong. I use a Bridge and two ZP120 multi room music system. It worked great for years but lately....it terrible. It will be working well and then just loose the connection. I get error "System not found" so it will not connect. I have tried resetting the system without results. Any suggestion welcomed...thx
The issue was the new version of AVG firewall, it was preventing the PC from seeing the Boost.
The fix is...Open AVG Internet Security interface->MENU->Settings->components->firewall->network profiles->change connection to private.
Worked like a treat! Thanks Nanks.......