Skip to main content

Sooooo… It’s been a few years since all the last conversations on this. Any word on a way to connect sonos to PC that isn’t super sketchy?? Im using amazon music. Yes, i can buy songs, put them on a server, bla bla blah… But as it is, i listen to hundreds of songs and don’t want to have to buy them all. Anybody come up with a workable solution yet? I can try stream what you hear… but don’t know if i trust it. 

I’m running windows 11 btw

Sooooo… It’s been a few years since all the last conversations on this. Any word on a way to connect sonos to PC that isn’t super sketchy?? Im using amazon music. Yes, i can buy songs, put them on a server, bla bla blah… But as it is, i listen to hundreds of songs and don’t want to have to buy them all. Anybody come up with a workable solution yet? I can try stream what you hear… but don’t know if i trust it. 

I use the both iPhone app and the Windows app to select by artist/album (as the mood takes me) on Amazon Music without issues. What are you finding “super sketchy”?

Just add your Amazon Music account to the Sonos app.

Full disclosure: While I do use the PC extensively for controlling my SONOS system, otherwise the only music that passes through my PC is on the way to my NAS drive.

In general I think that your best approach is to derive an analog output from the PC and connect this to a SONOS Line-In. That said, my current PC motherboard offers Bluetooth output. I haven’t tried music service output with this, but I expect that it would work fine. You’d then need a SONOS MOVE or ROAM to receive the Bluetooth. I use the Bluetooth output for headphones. In your use there could be surprise issues with webpage audio breaking through. You could probably deal with this using the Windows audio mixer.

Edit: Jgetie can type faster. Amazon music knits reasonably well with the PC controller. I’m NAS oriented and don’t usually think about music services.

@ Jgatie 

Just add your Amazon Music account to the Sonos app.

Yeah I've done that, i guess i should have clarified more (woops) but I meant more in general, since I can’t really watch videos or anything like that on amazon music. 

Oh btw i tried stream what you hear didn’t quite work out. The first time, it streamed ok, but then i paused it, and after taking a full 4 seconds to pause on my speakers, it no longer streamed to my speakers. Oh well.  

I use the both iPhone app and the Windows app to select by artist/album (as the mood takes me) on Amazon Music without issues. What are you finding “super sketchy”?

Oh sorry i meant apps that stream content from pc to the sonos speakers. And yet another clarification to add to the pile (woops again) im using a sonos one stereo pair. 

No, Sonos still doesn’t make ‘PC’ speakers. 

@Airgetlam Ah, yeah i kinda figured that. I went and looked at the forums about this subject and they were all from a few years ago, so I thought I’d give it another go to see if anything else has cropped up in that time. Thanks!

Oh sorry i meant apps that stream content from pc to the sonos speakers. And yet another clarification to add to the pile (woops again) im using a sonos one stereo pair. 

Your first post said you use Amazon Music. You can use the Sonos PC app to stream the music to your paired One’s rather than to your PC. Isn’t that what you’re trying to achieve? 

You can also set up a Music Library to play (stream) any music stored on the PC through the One’s, again using the Sonos PC app for that. So you can send “content from pc to the sonos speakers”.