Pandora: "Account not found", but it exists!

• 25 January 2015
  • 13 replies

I can't seem to add Pandora. I'm using Controller for PC with Connect:AMP. I was able to add my songza and google music accounts. When I tried to add my Pandora account, it says "connecting" for a while, and then gives a "Account not found" error. I know the account exists because I can login with the same credentials on Pandora.com. I then tried to create a brand new account. That too gave the same error. Version: 5.2 (build 28183040) Hardware Version: 1.16.3.1-1

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Shiv,

This may be due to firewall or antivirus settings on your computer. Please try adding Pandora to your Sonos system using a different controller (smartphone or tablet). You can also try adjusting the settings on your antivirus or firewall program, here's how: Firewall settings.

If those steps do not work, please send us a diagnostic report and we'll take a look for you. Once submitted, please reply here with the confirmation number: How to submit diagnostics.
I am having the same problem on my Samsung Note 4 phone; but only w my Gmail pandora account. For some reason I can log in with my wife's yahoo account but not my Gmail account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same problem on my Samsung Note 4 phone
Hi Zack,
Are you getting an error? Please send us a diagnostic report from your system and reply with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit reports.
I have the same issue. I am able to log onto my Pandora account but when I try to add it to Sonos using either Android or Ipad I get Account not found message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have the same issue. I am able to log onto my Pandora account but when I try to add it to Sonos using either Android or Ipad I get Account not found message.

Hi SantaBill, that error means the account credentials aren't correct. Can you try adding Pandora to Sonos using a different controller? It's easier to type on your credentials using a computer if you have a controller installed on one. Check that you're using the right email address and password.
Thanks for the response. I thought I had pointed out that I tried on two different controllers, Android and iPad. I am new to Sonos and haven't figured out yet how to add a controller to my Mac so I can test it out there as well. I am sure the password and ID are correct as I am able to log onto Pandora from both controllers.
I forgot to mention that I ran diagnostics as recommended in the first item in this thread so you may have more information available to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I forgot to mention that I ran diagnostics as recommended in the first item in this thread so you may have more information available to you.

We'll need the confirmation number to pull the diagnostic up, but that would be useful. A good step to take is to log into your Pandora account and change the password, then try the new password on Sonos. This would make you need to change the password on your other devices to match the new password, but it's a good step to take.
Had to run diagnostics again to get the number. That number is 5305951.
Did as you suggested. Changed the Pandora password and tried again. That worked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Did as you suggested. Changed the Pandora password and tried again. That worked.

Great! Let us know if anything else comes up.
I am having this exact same issues and it is 2 years after the original post. I have removed the service and tried to re-add but I still get account not found. My Pandora account works just fine from every other app on many different devices. Only Sonos has a problem.

I am a new Sonos user and this does not look promising. No real way to get any help with this other than forums.
I'd highly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. Do it within 10 minutes of attempting to re-add the service, so that the error that is produced is in the log files for them to look at.

There's several other ways to reach Sonos, listed at www.sonos.com/contact