Skip to main content

Is anyone else frustrated that Sonos doesn’t support stereo pairing for Move over Bluetooth?

I purchased a move with the intention of getting another in the future to have stereo outdoors but no support! 

I hope to see this resolved with an update on the near future!

good day! 

Slightly annoyed maybe, but not frustrated.  I only got one Move, and the lack of BT stereo pair is a reason I haven’t gotten the second.  That said, I usually find that one Move meets my needs pretty well.  And I am usually carrying something else, and only have 2 hands, so one is all I can carry!

That said, if in your backyard, you might still be in WiFi range and could use a stereo pair.  As well, some android phones (maybe iphones) have the ability to connect to two BT speakers at the same time.  It won’t be stereo, but will allow for 2 Moves to play together.

Indeed! 

I guess my situation is unique in that the location I am intending to use the moves (cabin) is off grid and with no wifi.

im sure it will come with an update but I would have thought this feature would have been there already. 

Then I’d invest in a travel router. Both Moves and your source/controller device can connect to it, and you still get stereo. Once it’s set up at home, there’s no need for the outside internet connection while in use. Required for setup, not required for use. 

yep. i’d love to do this. just finished a camping season with a single Move - it’s great. but pull out a Sonos and you expect a little more. 

i’d use another Move on wifi at home too but i should be able to take them both with me outdoors at the same level of functionality. 

it’s one of those things Sonos does that keeps you as a user instead of an evangelist.