Skip to main content

Hi There, 

I’ve read through posts on the topic from 3 years ago and haven’t seen a recent update or post on this. Has Sonos updated their product / App to allow you to connect a single speaker to multiple room profiles?

For example, I have a Play:1 in my Office, a Play:1 in my bedroom, and then a Playbar, sub, and two Play:1’s in my living room. 

I have a profile for my living room, I can make a profile for my office and bedroom, but how can i choose to play music through ALL of these at the same time? I bought these so that they can be connected, and it seems like the only way to do this is to create a profile for the entire house, in which case i would have to either manually mute the speakers in the rooms i don’t want it to play, or delete and recreate my room profiles anytime i wanted to listen to music. 

Or, Imagine if you have a speaker inside and one outside. There are times when you would want to be able to play on both speakers for guests inside and outside the house, and other times when you only want to listen in one room

For any family that wants to invest in a great sound system, it seems like there should be a better way to allow one speaker to be a part of multiple room profiles at the same time. from an engineering POV, seems like the concern would be ‘which room is the speaker listening to’ at any time, but I’m sure there is a way to solve for this given the demand and interest in a solution. 

Knowing this has been a point of frustration for a couple years, I would love to hear from the Sonos team, or the community, if there is a workaround or plan to update. 

Thanks!

Hi @TechGeek782, welcome to the community and let me help you with your concern. Actually, you can have that kind of set up if I’m getting it correctly because you can add 32 Sonos components in one houseHold. You can also add multiple households in one email/Sonos account. To make it short, you can add all your Sonos components individually in one household and name it the way you wanted so you can group and ungroup rooms anytime you want. You can also create a stereo pair if you have two Sonos speakers that are the same model (for example, your two Play:1s) and also add surround speakers to a Sonos home theater and Sub can be bonded to any Sonos components except Sonos Connect/Port. Let us know if this helps. Thanks! 

Hi Krishma, thank you soooooo much for the help on this. The Group and Ungroup rooms feature was exactly what I was looking for.  I have been searching the internet trying to find this answer, I have it set up and working now, thank you!!