Skip to main content

Amazon UHD subscription. In the Amazon app , when I select UHD music to play, on my S2 app ‘Now Playing’ doesn’t show any information regarding the format playing via the Arc.

If you want to see the HD, Ultra HD, or Dolby Atmos badges displayed on the Now Playing screen, you need to stream Amazon Music from the Sonos app, not the Amazon Music app.

If you want to see the HD, Ultra HD, or Dolby Atmos badges displayed on the Now Playing screen, you need to stream Amazon Music from the Sonos app, not the Amazon Music app.

Thank you for that ;  that’s a start at least :)

How do I enable the ‘format playing’ info to be displayed when I click on the volume slider- at present all I’m getting is the EQ display. I’ve enabled the ‘Play only  UHD/Dolby’ function in the Amazon app.

Is there a way to ‘choose UHD’ option on the S2 app? 

All updates done btw. Numpty/ technically incompetent!

There is nothing that needs to be enabled. When you play music from Amazon Music in HD, Ultra HD, or Dolby Atmos in the Sonos app, the Now Playing screen will automatically display the badge on the right side under the artist/album title line. Sometimes it may take a minute for the badge to appear.

Thank you for that. I searched the album that you used as an example and , as you described; it displayed’Atmos’ 👍