Skip to main content

When playing music from the local Android device everything plays fine up until my phone has been closed got about 5 to 10 minutes. 

The now playing will show the old song and all the buttons become unresponsive.

The song now playing also doesn't match to what was supposed to be next in the queue. 

Any suggestions? 

Try rebooting your router and phone. You can also try resetting the app under App Preferences or deleting and reinstalling the app.

To add to this I used my wife's iPhone and the correct song is displaying while my android is wrong.

I have reinstalled the app numerous times.

Seems like an android bug? I've also replaced the router. 

Mac controller also works fine 

Note the ‘player’ is on the software running on the speaker. The phone is merely a remote control. It sounds like that particular phone is having trouble maintaining a connection to the software running on the speaker, to get the updated information. 

This would be one reason why the initial instructions provided were to reboot your router and phone. Reestablishing that WiFi connection could certainly resolve the issue.

It might be helpful, if that doesn’t resolve the issue, to know a little bit more about your network, such as router type, access points, extenders, or power line adapters involved, etc. 

Your phone is losing the connection to the Coordinating player, which delivers changes via UPnP events, and not reconnecting correctly when the app is woken up. Reboot the phone. (Maybe the router but that is less likely as everything else works).

Is the Android OS ancient perhaps?

Your phone is losing the connection to the Coordinating player, which delivers changes via UPnP events, and not reconnecting correctly when the app is woken up. Reboot the phone. (Maybe the router but that is less likely as everything else works).

Is the Android OS ancient perhaps?

So the Android device is a Samsung s20 which is also the device where the music is playing from because I'm using music from the on this mobile device for the source. 

I was running a netgear 6700 router and switched to the Google nest router.

Both have given the same results.

Oh you are playing music direct from the device? That really stresses the network stackand app model of the host device. Good luck.

Before Apple blocked it, that was never a reliable feature of the iOS version. Phones are not designed to be reliable web servers, which is how this feature works.

Oh you are playing music direct from the device? That really stresses the network stackand app model of the host device. Good luck.

Before Apple blocked it, that was never a reliable feature of the iOS version. Phones are not designed to be reliable web servers, which is how this feature works.

Everything worked fine on the first version of the Sonos app though so I'm thinking it is a setting.