Skip to main content

Not everybody is constantly getting a new phone

• 18 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Thanks for making the app such that I can’t even run it on my preferred old devices (and killing the old S2 app, which worked on everything in my house).  Not everyone wants to buy a new phone every year.  The last thing I expect is for my stereo system to essentially be useless because I can’t run the app anymore, especially from things like an old iPod touch (which I keep using for music).  I expect these things to work for more than three years.  Apparently, you don’t (at least on the software side).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Seriously… the last version of iOS this works with (on a system setup basis - which I need to add the speakers that I just purchased from you) was first introduced in September 2022.  So… only works with a 1.5 year old apple device.  Android is better (2017), but that would mean I would have to have an Android device (and yay… you don’t support Chromebook with your app, or PC!  God forbid that you go that extra step to make your product easier to use).  Unbelievable.  How many devices did your new version of the app wipe out from use?  All my music is on itunes and I airdrop to your equipment.  If I get a new apple device today, does that mean it’s useless in two years?  Maybe I should just return my most recent purchases.

Seriously… the last version of iOS this works with (on a system setup basis - which I need to add the speakers that I just purchased from you) was first introduced in September 2022.  So… only works with a 1.5 year old apple device.  Android is better (2017), but that would mean I would have to have an Android device (and yay… you don’t support Chromebook with your app, or PC!  God forbid that you go that extra step to make your product easier to use).  Unbelievable.  How many devices did your new version of the app wipe out from use?  All my music is on itunes and I airdrop to your equipment.  If I get a new apple device today, does that mean it’s useless in two years?  Maybe I should just return my most recent purchases.

You need ios16 for Sonos app. Phones back to iPhone 8 support this.  Here’s the complete list, hope your phone is on it 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/103267