Skip to main content

One of my two sonos sl speakers is still connected but doesn't play music when system is activated. The other speaker plays fine. I can't figure out how to fix this.  Most FAQs refer to network or router issues. This is not the problem.

One of my two sonos sl speakers is still connected but doesn't play music when system is activated. The other speaker plays fine. I can't figure out how to fix this.  Most FAQs refer to network or router issues. This is not the problem.

Hi @ronniepf, thank you for reaching the Sonos Community.  I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue and appreciate your effort in checking for resolution. Let me help you with this.

First, I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Are your 2 Sonos One SL's are stereo paired? If you separate them, do you hear music playing on both speakers?
2. Are they grouped? Did ungrouping them make any improvements?
3. When you play music on the other Sonos One, are you getting an error message? 
4. Have you tried rebooting your router, all Sonos speakers, and mobile devices? Did it work?

If after going through the steps above and you're still having the same issues, please submit a diagnostic report to further check on this.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.