No More Sonos for Me

• 3 November 2018
  • 54 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Thanks mrsgmz for posting that, I believe you. If your mum had never registered her sonos stuff, then I guess this would make sense that sonos would force you to do so now with 9.2
It seems some on here know better than you, even though they have not tried to do what you have done since 9.2.....
Badge
Here is a second official confirmation received from Sonos about this issue with the mobile/tablet controller issue.
I am posting this because there is misleading advice being given on this site about how to resolve this issue.
Irrespective of my own problems and setup it is very clear that if you had a working system before V9.2 , you must now
have a mobile/tablet controller to make any significant changes.
2nd Reply from Sonos

"Hi
Thanks for your email.

This is Jay reaching out to you. Below I have answered you questions. I have also added a FAQ on how to add sonos to a new router below if you are unsure on that process. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me by replying to this email.

So you need Windows 7 or higher to get all the usual options for desktop.
You can use the Desktop controller with the Sonos system but you will have to go through the inital setup on the new router with a mobile or tablet.
Unfortunatly the ability to add speakers is also limited to mobiles and tablets since software version 9.2.

Connecting Sonos to a new router:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US"
Replied to wrong poster.
[...] This is Jay reaching out to you. Below I have answered you questions. I have also added a FAQ on how to add sonos to a new router below if you are unsure on that process. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me by replying to this email.

So you need Windows 7 or higher to get all the usual options for desktop.
You can use the Desktop controller with the Sonos system but you will have to go through the inital setup on the new router with a mobile or tablet.
Unfortunatly the ability to add speakers is also limited to mobiles and tablets since software version 9.2.

As I said, you are not required to perform a factory reset in order to change WiFi settings !!

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/no-more-sonos-for-me-6814920/index1.html#post16284907