Skip to main content

next update July 22

• 18 July 2024
  • 9 replies

FYI this article says next update not until July 22. The article also has info on what’s coming in August. 

Sonos will reintroduce some basic features in its new app next week, including the ability to configure local music libraries. Those features were already in Sonos' old app, but were missing from the new mobile application the audio manufacturer released in May.

Sonos will release the update for its new app on July 22, the manufacturer tells Tweakers. The biggest changes are in support for local music libraries. For example, the 'settings and configuration' of such libraries are now available via the mobile app. It is now also possible to search local music libraries in the app.

Rest of the article here:

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/224472/sonos-maakt-het-weer-mogelijk-om-lokale-muziekbibliotheken-in-te-stellen-via-app.html

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Wish they would hurry up so I can sell them all without feeling guilty 😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have to wonder why that information is not posted here:

I was too lazy to search for it so posted a new thread. 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry @Bumper I did not mean by you I meant by Sonos. I check that thread daily because it should be updated with the latest information at least that is what I would expect of Sonos.

Sorry @Bumper I did not mean by you I meant by Sonos. I check that thread daily because it should be updated with the latest information at least that is what I would expect of Sonos.

I know just having a 🤣. I added it to that thread though. 

S1/S2 downgrade coming early August. 
Playlist and queue functions coming late August. 

hope they fix their mdns/websocket/tls + cloud implementation 🤞

Badge

I have not yet put my library on a NAS which I don't have yet.  I have upgraded to Sonos 2.  It looks to me like I can go back to 1 if I want.  (I am a Mac/iPhone, Play 1/3 user). My music Library is in iTunes and includes some purchased but mostly uploaded material.

I love my music and have been coping without it.  I play pandora stations and a few radio stations.  I use the alarms.

Should I wait until . . . when?? to get a NAS and set up my music or should I do it now?  I invite your advise on how to make this decision.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Well found, @Bumper .

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

In the meantime pray that you don't have to reconnect any of you speakers because nothing works on that side