Question

New Sonos App User Friendlyness

• 15 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I don’t want to repeat what other users already posted about missing functions (playlist,…..). Just want to add one function I am missing when you play music is the mute all button.

Secondly I was hoping that in the settings for each room the “Sound” settings would be moved on top since it is more likely to change these settings more often. How often do you add or remove a speaker or rename the room? Probably never. I suggested this long time ago but Sonos is ignoring this request.

It would be nice to have the quick settings like the equalizer back. I was hoping that with the new version other settings would be added when the system has it available (e.g. surround). With the new app it is very cumbersome to get there. 

The room list is confusing too. Especially when music groups are used and when I want to assign a different station to one of the rooms in the groups. 

New app seems to be very slow sometimes too compared to the old one. The volume sliders are sometimes lacking, and moving the play slider is very unstable and is lacking.

Another topic is to find all the settings which are hidden in the “System Settings → Home” which was not easy to find.

Overall it is more frustrating to use this app. Hope for quick improvement here. This unpleasant experience demolish the reputation. I know Sonos that you can do better. Don’t safe money on quality management on your software!!!

1 reply

I don’t want to repeat what other users already posted about missing functions (playlist,…..). Just want to add one function I am missing when you play music is the mute all button.

Secondly I was hoping that in the settings for each room the “Sound” settings would be moved on top since it is more likely to change these settings more often. How often do you add or remove a speaker or rename the room? Probably never. I suggested this long time ago but Sonos is ignoring this request. login.bcbsfl.com

It would be nice to have the quick settings like the equalizer back. I was hoping that with the new version other settings would be added when the system has it available (e.g. surround). With the new app it is very cumbersome to get there. 

The room list is confusing too. Especially when music groups are used and when I want to assign a different station to one of the rooms in the groups. 

New app seems to be very slow sometimes too compared to the old one. The volume sliders are sometimes lacking, and moving the play slider is very unstable and is lacking.

Another topic is to find all the settings which are hidden in the “System Settings → Home” which was not easy to find.

Overall it is more frustrating to use this app. Hope for quick improvement here. This unpleasant experience demolish the reputation. I know Sonos that you can do better. Don’t safe money on quality management on your software!!!

Hello, @greenyneu 

I understand your frustration with the Sonos app’s missing features and usability issues. For a direct solution, I recommend:

Feedback to Sonos: Continue providing feedback to Sonos through their official channels or community forums.
App Updates: Keep the app updated to the latest version for potential improvements.
Alternative Control: Consider using any available third-party apps that might offer a better user experience with Sonos systems.

I hope my suggestion is helpful for you.

Best Regard,
diana658h